Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
Rivian is seeking a proven retail leader who desires the challenge of a new business and the excitement of building something from the ground up. You are the ultimate brand ambassador and accountable for creating a highly productive environment in which customers have a meaningful and memorable experience, employees are motivated and engaged, and the business performs and thrives. You will oversee sales activities, daily operations, and team performance at your location, ensuring the delivery of a best-in-class customer experience. As the location Manager, you are accountable for driving sales, supporting your team, and achieving operational excellence. You will ensure the effective implementation of brand culture and business initiatives at your location.
To be successful in this role, you must have a customer-first approach and thrive in ambiguous and unexpected environments, tackling all challenges with a flexible and solution-oriented mindset. You are results driven and demonstrate an understanding of how each interaction supports the broader customer and employee experience. Responsibilities
- Ensure that the customer experience is best-in-class: authentic, engaging, educational and aligned with Rivian’s mission, core values and culture
- Deploy Rivian’s Sales and Customer Engagement strategy at your location, generating demand and connecting with the broader community
- Own, track, and deliver on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), ensuring the location team is invested in the related company-wide strategic objectives
- Meet or exceed location-level objectives and financial plans, including KPI targets, labor budget, and overall location P&L goals
- Collect, organize and analyze data and anecdotal feedback in order to create impactful business reviews that highlight our retail KPIs and measures of success
- Uphold the processes that allow location team to seamlessly move a customer through the ownership funnel with the help of the digital commerce platform and CRM tools
- Collaborate with the Retail Operations and Programming teams to plan and execute events and activations; program strategies that drive brand awareness, traffic, product education, lead generation, demand generation, retention, and conversion
- Support various special events (both onsite and remote) and new site openings across the commercial organization as needed
- Relentlessly uphold visual merchandising and retail presentation standards
- Oversee customer engagement and support, including product education, drives, lead generation and demand generation
- Build a strong workplace culture focused on employee development, team experience and over-delivering for our customers
- Uphold the operational framework, best practices, and playbooks to deliver the best experience possible to our customers and team
- Supervise location staff, including hiring, training, mentoring, coaching, and evaluating performance
- Manage the staffing model, including scheduling, shift patterns and the number of staff required to meet demand / traffic, in order to maximize efficiency and deliver a best-in-class experience
- Manage and maintain compliance with all local, state and federal regulations as well as Rivian company policy and procedures
- 5+ years of experience in customer service; 2+ years supervisory experience required
- Retail, experiential/brand marketing, sales, hospitality or similar fields highly preferred; Direct-to-Consumer business model a plus
- At least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support customers on nights, weekends and/or holidays; ability and willingness to travel based on business needs to support other market launches and operations
- Extensive experience with P&L, POS and CRM software
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle (or state that you are commuting daily to/from) and possess an exceptional driving record; If driver’s license isn’t in the appropriate state, you must be eligible to obtain one within the first 60 days of employment
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years; No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years; No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License within a 3-5 year period. Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in English, additional languages a plus
- An obsessive approach to elevating the customer experience and commitment to taking every opportunity to over-deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset and apply a scrappy and resourceful approach to everything you do. Solve problems and overcome challenges with creativity and ingenuity.
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings and holidays with willingness to travel to various retail locations when required
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, solicit cooperation, and achieve results through collaboration while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Outstanding verbal and written communication required
- Willingness to work in various working conditions including being in a full service retail center or unpredictable weather conditions
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting up to 2 or more hours at a time, standing for up to 8 or more hours a day, walking, bending, kneeling, laying, twisting, carrying, reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs).
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Strong understanding of written and spoken English
- Ability to see, read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions or schematics
Salary Range for California-Based Applicants:$85,000-98,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.