Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
The Manager, Parts Operational Excellence will work in tandem with Territory Directors supporting development of National Field Parts teams. The Manager is an expert on Parts, Supply Chain and works in tandem with Regional Service Managers, Parts distribution teams and Supply chain teams. This role will serve as the central point to all Service Center Parts operations. The Parts Managers is a pivotal player for our Service Center location in ensuring that parts are available for our customers and our service center teams have resourced needed to support Rivian's customers.
This role will require a dynamic and resourceful professional with excellent communications skills, who will foster cross functional interaction and champion a culture of continuous improvement across the organization. This role will require extensive traveling, operational excellence, creativity, delivering exceptional experience to our customers, and data-driven problem solving. This role will also serve as the liaison between regional service centers and HQ based teams for the purpose of training, process standardization, continuous improvement, and escalations. Responsibilities
· Build a strong high-impact team of Regional Parts Supervisors and Parts Specialists
· Lead and take ownership of management responsibility relating to hiring, performance management, and overall employee development planning
· Lead and take ownership of hiring, performance management, and overall employee development or Regional Parts Specialist team, and support Service Manager performance management of Parts advisors
· Lead and manage the specialist and field advisor teams with a hands-on mindset and servant leadership
· Train, coach and develop Service Managers across 12 – 15 Centers to ensure accountability for high value inventory reconciliation, ensuring they have the tools, audit reports, and corrective plans to course correct
· This role will be responsible for meeting parts holds, service center fill rate, warranty returns, reman / core returns, overdue work orders, cycle counts (accuracy and shrinkage), and MRP / channel planning KPIs that measure the health of a parts department
· Work alongside the Territory Directors and building and developing KPI and goals for Service Centers in your regions
· Develops cross-functional strategic plans that meet objectives that align with company-wide goals, projects, and initiatives
· Defines the program roadmap, tracking, controls, or the processes, procedures, reporting, to manage the Field Parts Operations
· Manage all North America wide parts delays and blockers and drive timely and efficient resolutions
· Oversee, develop, and drive quality improvements, pilot programs, and full deployment of Parts plans across our north America Service Centers
· Documents, maintains, tracks, and reports contract/service level agreements requirements, fulfillment performance, and metrics
· Develop Rivian Service Field Parts Department design, market entry plan, operational standards
· Responsible for ensuring establishment of safe service business practices and processes across our Service Center operations
· Collaborate with Regional Service Managers, Service Parts, Logistics and Distribution Operations, Channel Planning, Material Planning, Quality & Containments, and Delivery teams to improve processes, and maximize field operations
· Ensure a fast and predictable parts flow from distribution centers as well as accurate parts orders and high inventory accuracy from the field
· Build and contribute to a Rivian culture that is inclusive and maintains high levels of team morale Qualifications
· 6+ years of experience in automotive, OEM, tier 1, and/or technical field, with emphasis in Service, Parts, Tooling, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent field experience
· Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Experience in parts management, supply chain and/or strategy preferred
· Strong leadership and team management skills
· Experience in leading and influencing teams in an automotive, high tech or similar environment
· Proven success in driving service requirements in a matrix organization
· Experience managing multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
· Familiarity with Confluence, SmartSheets, Jira, Tableau, SQL, SAP, Coupa, and other program management platforms
· Experience in a startup environment is a plus
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record
· Ability to travel up to 90% both within and occasionally outside of your region Pay Disclosure
Salary Range: 130k - 150k (actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.