Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
In this role you will be responsible for the design and development of Seats Structures for the most adventurous vehicles on the planet! You will also help deliver break-through technology and capability in our products! Responsibilities
• Be an intgegral member a technical team of product engineers to deliver Seats Structures for all Rivian programs Qualifications
• Develop and implement the latest technologies in materials, processes and design execution
• Utilize CAE toolsets to define/optimize and verify product designs prior to physical prototype.
• Validate seating systems through the creation and testing of the DVP&R, DFMEA, GD&T, Functional Safety, statement of requirements (SOR) and component technical specifications (CTS)
• Support Purchasing in creating nomination plans, RASIC, deliverables, and service agreements for suppliers of seating systems & components and then manage suppliers from nomination to PPAP and through SOP
• Conduct supplier meetings to insure product design integrity and conformance to the statement of the requirements and all technical requirements, responsible for design releases/signoff
• Provide technical expertise for seating systems when working in cross functional teams of body, studio, restraints, LVE, and packaging
• Coordinate design work to deliver timely releases that meet all design for manufacturing inputs from the supply base & manufacturing team.
• Develop and manage system, subsystem, and component information through the Enovia PLM to Catia V6 environment
• Have the opportunity to develop personally to become a leader professionally
• Bachelors of Science in an engineering discipline (Masters degree is a plus) Pay Disclosure
• 1+ years of first hand experience leading teams in developing, validating, and launching into production seating systems
• High proficiency with standard 3D CAD software, preferably CATIA V5 and/or V6
• Strong understanding of the first-principle physics & requirements of seat structures and mechanisms – the loads, forces, and overall function of the systems
• System approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
• Excellent understanding of GD&T standards
• Understanding of FE analysis technique to drive design and its optimization is essential
• Ability to conduct & drive the DFMEA process
• Eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a team
Salary Range for California-Based Applicants: $96,000 - $111,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.