Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
Rivian is seeking an incredibly creative individual to produce original content designed to celebrate and amplify the Rivian story as it unfolds in both known and new formats. You’ll leverage your experience in film/video production, photography, writing, social media and/or digital publishing to proactively pursue content opportunities and bring them to life across relevant channels. You’ll ensure the resulting content is high quality, innovative and authentic. You’ll be part of our creative team and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure our storytelling is consistent and aligned with Rivian’s overarching narrative and brand strategy. You’ll make work in numerous formats depending on the assignment – short-form, long-form and everything in between – and evolve rapidly based on how your work performs over time.
To be successful in this role, you must thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment, and tackle challenges with a flexible and solutions-oriented mindset. You will report within the Creative Studio on the Communications team. Responsibilities
- Produce original work by applying your skillset of choice across the following disciplines (looking for deep experience in at least two of these areas): film/video, photography, writing, design, digital publishing, social media.
- Help identify and pursue content opportunities aligned with established strategic objectives.
- Work independently as a solo contributor when needed, from first concept to final delivery.
- Conceive, plan, shoot, edit, write, revise, finish and deliver – you can do it all or at least want to learn to do it all.
- Collaborate openly with other creative individuals, and willfully map your skillset and approach to the work of the team.
- Work flexibly both on-site and in the field and be willing to travel at short notice.
- Stay curious and commit to a never-ending process of learning about Rivian’s products, process and team.
- Continually assess and evolve your overall approach and creative techniques to maximize potential impact for the work.
- 3+ years of experience in digital content creation, including but not limited to: film/video production, photography, art/design, writing, social media
- Self-motivated with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Wild creativity, but paired with practical sensibilities and a knack for strategy
- Enthusiasm for (and mastery of) existing and emerging social platforms – clear knack for connecting with and building an audience over time
- Inner fire coupled with insatiable desire to learn and grow
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $96,000-$111,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.