Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Technical Business Analyst (Manufacturing Systems) to join our dynamic team onsite in our plant in Normal, IL. As a Manufacturing Systems Business Technical Analyst, you will play a crucial role in analyzing, evaluating, and improving our manufacturing systems and processes. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for system enhancements, optimize efficiency, and drive continuous improvement. The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in manufacturing systems, business analysis, and possess exceptional problem-solving skills.
This role will be located onsite in our Manufacturing Plant in Normal, IL Responsibilities
- Analyze manufacturing processes, systems, and workflows to identify areas for improvement and optimization.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and cross-functional teams to understand requirements and gather relevant data.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing systems and identify areas for enhancement, integration, or replacement.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation, including system requirements, process maps, user manuals, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Collaborate with IT teams to design, configure, and implement changes to manufacturing systems, ensuring seamless integra:on and minimal disruption.
- Perform system testing, validation, and troubleshooting to ensure proper functionality and adherence to requirements.
- Provide training and support to end-users, ensuring they understand and can effectively utilize manufacturing systems.
- Monitor system performance, collect and analyze data to identify and address issues, and propose solutions to enhance system reliability and efficiency.
- Stay updated on emerging technologies and industry trends in manufacturing systems and recommend innovative solutions to drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with vendors and external partners to evaluate, select, and implement new manufacturing systems or upgrades.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional projects to improve manufacturing processes, reduce costs, increase productivity, and enhance overall operational efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 3-6 years of experience working as a Business Analyst, Technical Analyst, or similar role, preferably in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing systems, processes, and workflows.
- Proficient in system analysis, process mapping, and requirements gathering.
- Experience with manufacturing soWware and systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems.
- Familiarity with database concepts, SQL, and data analysis tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify issues, propose solutions, and drive change.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage mul:ple priorities and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a keen attention to detail.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.