Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
The Sr. Social Media Project Manager will sit within our Creative Operations team, while working day-to-day within our Social Media Squad. You will help build the operational foundations for our Social Media Squad by establishing the tools, processes, and best practices to enable success.
As the Sr. Project Manager, Social Media you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of projects across our social media team. You will help shape and manage the overall team process, workflow and project planning. The Sr. Project Manager, Social Media will provide operational support across the team, including scheduling meetings, internal check-ins, legal approvals, drafting and posting meeting notes, developing lists of action items, communicating assignments, deadlines and needs to ensure projects follow the proposed schedules. You will make sure everything is running like clockwork and that our creatives, social media strategists and cross functional partners are informed and supported. Responsibilities
- Manage team process and workflow, ensuring projects are properly kicked off, resourced and tracking from strategy development through production.
- Act as a direct liaison between the social team and the creative team to ensure all parties are aware of project requirements, resources and deadlines.
- Coordinate with creative operations on resources to ensure execution of projects on time, within scope and on budget.
- Act as day of producer for a variety of shoots both on-site and off-site, coordinating talent, run of show, equipment transfer and legal approvals.
- Develop timeline to monitor and oversee progress of creative output.
- Prioritize and align team on daily, weekly and monthly focus.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills when dealing with creative feedback and project constraints, escalate as necessary.
- Manage time and workflow efficiently -take responsibility for deadlines and delivery, flag potential issues, and identify solutions.
- Identify opportunities to improve team capabilities through creative solutions and development of processes.
- Lead weekly integrated team status meetings, owning agendas and project trackers across each meeting.
- Manage all team trackers (project status, resources, team assignments, brief trackers) and communicate important status updates to the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3+ years of experience managing the making of or delivery of social media content in a creative agency or an in-house social media team.
- Comfort with a variety of projects flowing across one day, one week and one-month deadlines.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and best practices.
- Strong project management experience and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize information quickly and at a high level to address potential roadblocks and define the best way forward, keeping in mind the quality of the work and giving it room to develop.
- Understanding of social media platforms.
- Experience forming strong team relationships.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsible when quick turnaround is required.
- Experience using collaborative team communication and project management tools like Sharepoint and Jira.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of people and teams.
- 20% Travel Required.
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $121,000-$139,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.