Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
Our Test and Development team is growing, and we are looking for Vehicle Operators. In this role, you will be responsible for operating, driving, troubleshooting and evaluating our prototype test vehicles and documenting product development feedback to our engineers. This takes the form of operating test vehicles statically, driving on public roads, or private test facilities, conducting safety inspections and performing specialized test procedures. Responsibilities
- Assist with various day-to-day operations within the vehicle operator team
- Assist with training of new vehicle operators
- Safely operate test vehicles in a wide range of static and dynamic test conditions up to 8 hours/day including collecting data with data acquisition systems
- Perform vehicle prep work, including basic vehicle inspections and diagnostics before and after driving
- Review, process, and complete detailed post-drive daily reports, test reports and online tickets, working with and escalating to engineers as necessary
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Prior professional automotive driving or autonomous vehicle experience with a clean track record
- Self-motivated, organized and demonstrate good judgement in a fast-paced, high-stress environment with attention to detail and able to describe events quickly and concisely
- Good command of the English language with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in using a smartphone, laptop and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to drive safely in all conditions and alone or with a partner for 6-8 hrs. a day
- Must be flexible to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass an MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) background check and obtain necessary certifications to drive test vehicles on closed courses and public roads.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $32.70 - $36.55 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.