Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
This is a fantastic opportunity to shape the physical design of Rivian’s electric vehicle systems! We’re looking for a highly motivated, multi-disciplined, CAD based mechanical design engineer to help us design and develop interior trim. Responsibilities
- Create 3D Solid Models and 2D Section Data for Conceptual design development, detailed design, and production release data for Interior System commodities including:
- Door Trim Assemblies
- Decorative Panels
- Hard Tim Panels
- Soft Trim Components
- Overhead System Components
- Create and manage 2D and 3D CAD designs, develop and document GD&T and Fit & Finish requirements, and fastening design using Catia V6.
- Manage system, subsystem, and component information in the Enovia PLM environment.
- Use tools such as MoldFLow, Altair Inspire, Altair SimSolid, and Altair Inspire Mold
- Ensure all geometric, manufacturing, and assembly requirements are analyzed and met.
- Interface with the Studio, Packaging, Manufacturing Engineering, and supplier activities to develop optimal design solutions.
- Be a champion of good, fundamental design in the Interior System and across the vehicle.
- Supporting the development of best practices for design and engineering.
- 5 plus years of experience designing plastic parts, preferably Interior commodities.
- Experience with interior systems, materials, manufacturing, assembly processes.
- Knowledge of an automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices.
- Excellent understanding of GD&T standards.
- Working experience of drawing and modelling practices and methodologies.
- Working experience with Catia, Enovia, or similar tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and SharePoint, as well as Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A Certificate of Accomplishment from a recognized Design educational institution or equivalent skills and expertise, prefer a degree in Mechanical Engineering
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a high-performance team.
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement.
Salary Range for California-Based Applicants: $121,000 - $139,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.