Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
Co-Op Term: May - Dec 2024 (Please apply to other roles if you are not available for these timeframes, flexibility in term length is not possible).
This is a bucket application, and is not an official opening. Your application can be considered for Rivian’s 2024 internship programs. If you are selected, you will receive an invitation to interview for an open position.
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term with an expected graduation date between December 2024-May 2026. If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions on our Rivian careers site. Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
Applying to this opening will place you into consideration of Rivian’s 2024 co-op programs. Teams your application can be considered for include:
- Drive Unit
- Dimensional Engineering
- General Assembly
- Pilot Buolds
What to expect as an Emerging Technology Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op:
- Be part of a world-class team, with a focus on high quality and rapid project deployment.
- Challenge assumptions and be an advocate for best practices.
- Discover your potential with cross-functional partnerships and be an asset to your leadership team.
- Partner with Production Engineers and Leaders to ensure successful ramp and long term production.
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelors, masters, or PhD degree.
- Actively pursuing a degree or one closely related in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Electrical, Automotive Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Mechatronics
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of manufacturing concepts (cycle time analysis, quality control, equipment efficiency, etc).
- Experience working in both 2D and 3D CAD environments.
- Understanding of basic programming (java, python or similar)
- Understanding of circuit design
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and execute on actions and tasks as requested by your team.
- Applied knowledge and understanding of engineering first principles.
- An interest in innovating the automotive and technology industry.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including with external stakeholders.
- Must be willing to work overtime, as needed.
- Travel may be expected.
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for Internships: The range of pay for internships is 25.00-51.00 per hour. Actual compensation will be determined based on location, and other factors permitted by law. Rivian provides robust wellness benefits, and a medical insurance package for interns, their spouse or domestic
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.