Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
Customer Engagement is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful moments that our customers will love.
As a Customer Service Guide, you will manage a book of business from reservation to the purchase process, and throughout the ownership experience. As the Guide, you are your customer’s primary point of contact, you will provide customers with the ability to enjoy planning their own adventures while taking on as much of the leg work required to navigate them through the process.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include tracking and monitoring the progression of your customers through the transaction to delivery steps; utilizing phone, email, chat, and SMS as your means of communication. You will be working with partner teams in Rivian Financing, Rivian Insurance, Registration, Payments, Trade-In, Delivery, Charging, and Service – operationally facilitating your customer’s questions and needs, acting as the conduit for any cross-functional needs. You will leverage our CRM system along with our project tracking tools to ensure you’re reaching out at the correct touch-points and checking in to ensure progression as they near delivery while maintaining your daily, weekly and monthly target goals, SLAs and KPIs. We’re looking for someone who loves people and is excited to take every opportunity to overdeliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our Rivian customers, fans, and community.
You will be fully trained to perform your role. This training includes a 5-week onboarding plan alongside your newly hired Guide cohort, where we will assign you an onboarding buddy, and ongoing training as needed and dictated by our evolving needs. Delivering the customer experience we want requires many people and effective teamwork. Our team will support, empower, and enable you along the way. Responsibilities
- Manage a book of business of 300+ customers in various vehicle journey lifecycles across 14+ states
- You will partner with and support a group of customers through their entire customer journey with Rivian, beginning with the vehicle selection and into the ownership phase
- You will be their primary facilitator for all things Rivian, directing them to the right places for action
- Provide exceptional quality of service during every interaction with our customers while paying close attention to sentiment
- Build rapport and learn how to support each owner, meeting them where they are in their EV ownership journey
- Manages and reports on customer escalations or exception cases up to leadership through ownership
- Track and follow up on any tasks that need to be completed on behalf of assigned customers to provide an exceptional purchase and ownership experience within SLA
- Adheres to team SLA and cross-functional SLA that impact and drive business KPIs
- Responsible for managing 25+ vehicle transactions at any one time
- Perform daily reviews and audits of accounts for information accuracy
- Manage and guide the cross functional partners to ensure timeout customer delivery and exceptional customer service
- Complete operational tasks tied to a customer’s account; reviewing them weekly and reaching out as necessary to complete their next milestone
- Collaborate with our closest cross-functional partners; Delivery Mobile Operations, Rivian Financing, Rivian, Insurance, Title & Registration, Charging, and Service partner teams
- Soak up all the information you can about Rivian to bring the brand to life with our community
- Share trends and areas of opportunity within our process to operationally improve our effectiveness and the customer experience
- Listen and understand the needs of each owner so that you can deliver a tailored brand experience.
- Break down complex ideas related to product innovation and upgrades in a digestible, fun, and easy way to understand
- Manage general product support and event inquiries surrounding Vehicle Preorders, Vehicle Configurations, Rivian Shop Orders, Retail Store Support, Demo Drive Scheduling, and additional support and pre-sales scope as needed
- Participate in virtual and in-person tours as assigned
- Think strategically and interpret your performance analytics and track progress using reporting and dashboards
- Review your book of business daily to ensure customer progression across their journey is moving adequately
- Additional tasks as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience in high-volume customer service role preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in account management or dedicated customer relationship management/sales role preferred
- 1+ years operations experience preferred
- 1-year experience in a call center environment preferred
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent time in role preferred
- EV industry experience helpful
- Experience using CRM and performance systems (ex. Salesforce, Calabrio, Tableau, Smartsheet)
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to track your customer’s progress through their purchase process into ownership; prioritize workload with exceptional quality
- Proven ability to multi-task and navigate multiple work streams and tools
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in English, bilingual a plus
- Ability to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing timelines
- Requires nights/weekends as needed; based on team and customer needs and urgency
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time for training purposes and to support organizational needs
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.