Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
Develop inspection methods to analyze product and process quality. Improve product/process quality by defining/implementing recommendations for change. Work together with relevant teams and departments to improve products/process. Ensure products/process adhere to company and industry quality standards. Brainstorm and drive ideas to create solutions for identified problems. Monitor and steer systematic problems through operations system (Rivian Concern System). Formulate a strategic plan to increase productivity in the business. Document results and findings after inspections are carried out. Implement a working system to ensure conformity and accuracy in the production process.
This position will report to the Manager of Customer Quality in Normal, IL. Responsibilities
- Develop inspection methods to analyze product and process quality.
- Improve product/process quality by defining/implementing recommendations for change.
- Work together with relevant teams and departments to improve products/process.
- Ensure products/process adhere to company and industry quality standards.
- Brainstorm and drive ideas to create solutions for identified problems.
- Monitor and steer systematic problems through operations system (Rivian Concern System).
- Formulate a strategic plan to increase productivity in the business.
- Document results and findings after inspections are carried out.
- Implement a working system to ensure conformity and accuracy in the production process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Supplier Quality Systems Audits, Control Plans, PPM’s monthly tracking, PPAP.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- High proficiency in computer technology and systems operations.
- APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) experience.
- 8D or similar method problem solving experience.
- Acquiring and analyzing data using standard quanttative methods
- Creating and maintaining PFMEA and Control Plans
- High proficiency with DFMEA, PFMEA, and control plans.
- Metrology equipment knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Statistical process control / control charts.
- Manufacturing/assembly process experience.
- Good electronic communication software skills (MS Office, Minitab, email, etc.).
- 6 Sigma greenbelt or blackbelt desired.
- 2+ years’ experience in quality manufacturing environment.
- Shift Flexibility Needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 5+ years of experience or Master's degree in engineering discipline and 2+ years experience or a combination of combined experience.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.