Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
A Material Planner will support Service and Accessories Material planning by ensuring your assigned components are delivered to the Service Warehouse(s) at optimal inventory levels and efficiencies. This role requires flexibility to support quick product changeover, supplier relationship management to ensure on time delivery, and an analytical approach to ensure optimal part inventory levels and quick turn analysis on exceptions. The Material Planner, Service Parts will understand the Rivian supply chain, our production processes, our warehouse operations, and our world-class Service Network. As a Material Planner you will report to our Manager, Service Material Planning. Responsibilities
- Utilize an MRP system, and communicate Rivian’s service parts/aftersales requirements to a global network of over 300+ Tier 1 suppliers and over 6,000 parts & components
- Work closely with the supplier base closely by resolving issues to ensure On-Time, In-Full (OTIF) performance is achieved
- Work collaboratively and closely with a wide cross-functional team – Purchasing, Logistics, Manufacturing, Supplier Quality
- Review material flow in multiple service centers, process flows, to identify opportunities and implement lean material flow of service parts into a central distribution centers
- Review and report out on supplier capacities and bottlenecks to meet supplier schedules to a provided forecast
- Drive backlog recovery through clear communication to the supply base, ability to support quick turn analysis on inventory run-out and communicate clearly internally/externally
- Enforce maintenance of MRP master data control parameters to ensure accurate demand signals (i.e. lead times, MOQ's, lot sizing, safety stock); identify and resolve system and/or BOM inaccuracies to preserve data integrity
- Identify and lead process improvement initiatives using inventory optimization techniques to drive right-sized inventory levels to meet the highest customer service level of over 97% in the network
- Act as an escalation point for material concerns, lead shortage meetings w/suppliers and stakeholders to ensure supply continuity, report on KPIs (inventory days on hand, line interruptions, expedite costs, etc.), and enforce best practices
- Monitor your supplier performance through exception management reporting, supply constraints escalations, and proactive monitoring of the forecast identifying key shifts that may impact your supply
- Manage engineering changes for the commodities assigned to you through participation in the NPI process, while minimizing obsolescence and ensuring supply continuity for your parts
- 1-4 years of experience in Material Planning, supply chain management or manufacturing production planning (Service/Aftermarket a plus)
- BA or Masters in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Operations or applicable discipline
- 2+ years of related automotive industry experience and LEAN manufacturing preferred
- Experience and knowledge in ERP/MRP with focused experience on product lifecycle management, EDI communications, bills of material, supply chain operations, and procure to pay processes (SAP experience preferred)
- Collaborator with a positive attitude to drive change and provide excellent customer service
- Calculated risk taker with the ability to drive performance management with suppliers and resolve issues while maintaining superior relationships internally and externally
- Proven analytical skills – high proficiency in Excel (advanced a plus)
- Ability to stand or sit for 8-10 hours per day
- Required to communicate using telephone and/or e-mail
- Ability to view, reach, and interpret documents
- Ability to perform all duties in an office environment that may contain ambient noise and temperature fluctuations
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $76,000 to $88,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.