Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
As a member of the Vehicle Applications team, you will play a pivotal part of building internal tools to help bridge the gap between the development and manufacturing process. Responsibilities
- Participate in next generation vehicle and manufacturing tool development from prototype to end of life
- Develop reactive user interfaces for several different personas
- Build and optimize highly reliable, scalable, and distributed micro-services
- Use automation as an opportunity to reduce roadblocks and achieve deliverables
- Participate in cross-functional and cross-team initiatives ensuring success for our manufacturing and vehicle software partners
- Experience in software development and automation (Python / Node.js / Rust)
- Experience with REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with asynchronous code
- Unit testing experience and test-driven development
- Systematic troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis experience
- Knowledge of Agile Development of Accessible Software Tools
- Experience with Event/Data streaming (NATs)
- Experience with Gitlab CI or similar CI tools
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Experience with authentication and identify management
- Experience with bus standards such as CAN;DoIP;FlexRay, LIN
- Knowledge of UDS ISO-14229 / ISO-15765 / SAE J1979 / J2534/FuSA;ISO-2626
- Exposure to manufacturing processes
- Professional experience with PLCs
Salary Range for California Based Applicants:$163,500 - $185,500 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.