Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
The Training Coordinator, Security Operations Center (SOC) will be responsible for the development, delivery, and review of training and quality assurance programs for Rivian’s Security Operations Centers, which provide security monitoring, dispatch, and communications support for all Rivian facilities. As the primary point of contact for security activities and incidents that occur at Rivian, the SOCs play a key role in both operational security and facility safety. The Training Coordinator ensures that SOC personnel are proficient with all aspects of their position in the SOC and can effectively use various technical security and communications systems to perform their assigned duties. Responsibilities
- Assist with the operational supervision of a 24/7 SOC consisting of a diverse team of Rivian Employees and contractors responsible for security monitoring and dispatch, call taking, data entry and various technical projects.
- Responsible for the development, delivery, and review of SOC training programs to include training curriculums, quizzes, and other content designed to develop the team’s skills.
- Provides initial and in-service training to SOC Operators enabling them to be successful in their role.
- Responsible for conducting regular Quality Assurance (QA) reviews on a selection of SOC interactions to identify procedural deviations, trends, and/or developmental opportunities.
- Occasionally monitor and operate various technical security systems including access control, video management, life-safety, phone, radio, dispatch, and mass-notification systems to detect and facilitate the response to potential security/safety issues.
- Provide appropriate escalation and prepare clear and concise communications to security management and other stakeholders during major incidents.
- Positively contribute to a culture that maintains a high level of employee satisfaction and retains a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Maintain familiarity with all SOC procedures, layouts of covered facilities, security programs and associated policies.
- Integrity and professionalism
- Associate degree
- 3+ years of security, law enforcement, emergency services dispatch, military, or other relevant experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a Security Operations Center, Global Security Operations Center (GSOC), Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP), watch center, or similar command center environment.
- A positive attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to accurately type a minimum of 40 words per minute while entering data or information relayed over the phone, radio, or other audio and electronic data input into a computer system
- Previous experience providing security or dispatch related training is preferred.
- Previous experience working closely with contingent staff/contractors is preferred.
- Power user proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Office 365)
- Experience in crisis and incident response, focusing on the ability to maintain a calm and efficient response in high-pressure settings.
- Ability to interact with staff of all levels, in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate
- On-call availability, on a rotating basis
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.