Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment, and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, and innovate are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
Canoo has needs for qualified multi-craft technician to continually monitor production and act accordingly to maintain optimal equipment utilization. The technician will perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures, ensures compliance with engineering specifications and/or codes.
Apply reliability and maintainability data to determine proactive improvements to production equipment. As a Maintenance Multi-Craft Technician, you will perform preventive/planned maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of production equipment, including pneumatic and hydraulic system, cylinders and valves, air compressors and responsible for plant facility equipment. Use software programs and testing equipment to diagnose malfunctions.
Additionally, will identify trends, periodically analyze equipment/machine issues, perform necessary adjustments, identify root cause, and initiate corrective actions.
- Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment
- Analyze and troubleshoot malfunctions in equipment and related components, diagnosing and correcting the problems quickly to avoid production delays
- Perform daily equipment checks, monitoring production equipment performance
- Perform repair work including necessary disassembly and re-assembly of production equipment
- Coordinate efforts between operations and engineering functions
- Perform equipment PM tasks to ensure manufacturer recommended specifications are maintained
- Troubleshoot PLCs, 24v control circuits, 480v 3phase systems, 4-20ma circuits, VFD’s, PC controllers, and fieldbus technology/control technology
- Adjust PLC programming and utilize PLC to troubleshoot issues
- Troubleshoot intermittent/inconsistent electrical and mechanical failures on production equipment
- Identify best practices and create standards combining available information & knowledge.
- Follow plant safety and environmental policies, and keep work areas clean and orderly
- Interact with and support associates within assigned production areas
- Maintain repair and maintenance records
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
- All other duties as required to support business needs
- Travel and/or overtime may be required
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the Canoo hiring process requirements which include comprehensive assessments and a background check
- Mechatronics training preferred
- Electrical/electronics background, working with PLCs, drive systems, etc.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years or older
- Minimum two years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of industrial AC/DC electricity [24V – 480V], mechanical, hydraulics, and/or pneumatics required
- PLC/BUS (Allen Bradley, Siemens) system education and/or experience strongly preferred
- Robotics (Fanuc, Durr) experience strongly preferred
- Oven and paint booth supply air maintenance experience preferred
- Pumping system maintenance experience preferred
- Conveyor system maintenance experience preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervision and other personnel with the ability to create clear technical instructions
- Basic computer skills required (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite)
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate self-initiative
- Previous industrial maintenance experience in Body, Paint, or Assembly in automotive manufacturing is strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, print-reading, and mechanics
- Must demonstrate mechanical proficiency, leadership ability, and teamwork
- Must be willing to work on alternate shifts and must demonstrate the ability to adapt to changes
- Must be flexible to training, coaching, projects, and travel as needed
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (214) 529-8055 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)