Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
The Construction Project Scheduler works closely with team members from Real Estate, Design, Manufacturing, Construction, Operations, and Manufacturing Engineering to develop and maintain integrated CPM schedules for all stakeholders to use as the source of truth, on multiple projects. Facilities associated with this role may include, but are not limited to; production facilities, logistics facilities, R&D labs, workplaces, retail and service network. Responsibilities
Collaborate with Manufacturing, Design, Building Information and Construction teams to ensure all projects have a end to end Rivian schedule from project inception through production readiness. Communicate with all teams after project kick off to ensure that all stakeholder milestones are accurate and incorporated into schedule.
Assist Construction Managers in project schedule development and maintenance, as needed. Review Integrated Master Schedules within internal Rivian software to ensure accuracy; train end users as needed to ensure that schedules are properly set up.
Review design and construction schedules, as received from Rivian’s external design and construction partners.
Notify schedule risks and opportunities, internally and externally to the organization.
Expert in Oracle P6, as a tool.
Work with Construction Manager and other stakeholders for specific scheduling needs and profile critical timelines to ensure project schedules show appropriate detail based upon job site requirements.
Develop contingency options with the team to accelerate schedule.
Evaluate project schedule progress / performance and identify developing risk areas.
Ensure coordination between all Rivian verticals involved in the project (Real Estate, Manufacturing Engineering, Facilities Design, etc.) and facilitate communication between groups as needed.
Responsible for alignment between detailed P6 project schedule and internal Rivian software data points.
Gather and analyze historical schedule data to determine typical schedule durations between key company milestones; understand root cause for atypical schedule durations.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience as a Construction Project Scheduler or equivalent, with strong background of design, procurement, operations and commissioning.
- Ability to comprehend complex project delivery problems, simiplify them, and provide most viable solutions to the stakeholders.
- Ability to influence without authority, self driven, motivated, and committed.
- Knowledge of contract types including lump sum, GMP, hard bid, design build and negotiated.
- Thorough knowledge of building systems, construction techniques, practices, and components
- .Advanced computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Extensive experience using Oracle P6 software required. Understanding of cost/resource functions a plus.
- Ability to train others on P6 fundamentals.
- You are highly analytical, versatile, extremely organized, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. You have a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to support and provide ‘customer service mentality’ for multiple internal stakeholders effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate between internal Manufacturing Engineering, Design, Real Estate, Operations, and Construction teams, as well as external contractors. Able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Capable of independent action with minimal direction; can self-organize and determine daily actions based on high level team goals and direction.
- Ability to work with construction contractors, vendors, and consultants the ‘Rivian way’, providing professional influence on the work exemplifying respect, leadership, commitment, vision and teamwork.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.