Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
Advanced Product Quality Senior Quality Engineer will lead the Advanced Product Quality (APQ) function for Product Design, Development, Validation, Launch, Warranty, and Continuous Improvement for Energy Storage Systems (ESS), driving prediction, prevention, and protection of Quality issues and risk mitigation solutions. This opening is located at our Irvine, CA facility and will directly report to the Senior Manager of Advanced Product Quality, ESS. Responsibilities
- Manage problem landscape through detailed work in problem solving.
- Responsible for the High Voltage (HV) battery systems quality, coordinating & collaborating with relevant team and across multiple disciplines to ensure a high level of product quality and reliability through implementing APQ design quality processes focusing on the following aspects of the HV ESS:
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements.
- Promote the use of Rivian preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Support the Quality Organization to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance.
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system.
- Partner with Supplier Quality to drive supply chain performance and continuous improvement.
- Manage and continually improve APQ gated process requirements for ESS products.
- Confirm dimensional controls and effective tolerance validation across all designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Master's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or another related field
- 3+ years in an engineering, manufacturing, or other related fields, experience in quality preferred
- Technical expertise in automotive manufacturing processes related to Battery parts including knowledge of safety and test requirements and appearance approval process
- Understanding of Geometric Design and Tolerancing (GD&T) and datum structures
- Knowledge of IATF16949:2016
- Working knowledge of Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $107,000-$123,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.