Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment, and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, and innovate are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
We are looking for an Industrial Controls Engineer to lead development, commissioning & upkeep of manufacturing equipment & processes including their mechanisms, sensors, actuators, and controls. The Engineer will also support general industrial engineering tasks like quantifying process & operational inefficiencies and developing mechanisms to improve them. This Engineer will work closely with production operations, logistics, product engineering, product quality and other departments.
The successful candidate is a self-starter with strong leadership capabilities that can manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time and demonstrates ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Work with engineering and production team, understand the product, process & quality control plans.
- Lead process technicians and production team on process issues analysis and problem solving.
- Partner with product engineering in early development of the product and ensuring its manufacturing feasibility.
- Design & develop equipment & processes to meet product’s & production objectives.
- Engage with suppliers, understand their capabilities, develop scope of projects suited for those capabilities, undergo RFQ/PO/invoice/delivery processes, and serve as the interface between multiple suppliers where needed for successful accomplishment of production objectives.
- Lead selection of sensors, actuators, and other mechanisms for equipment under consideration.
- Lead development of controls including programming where needed.
- Develop & update Job instruction sheets for production teams to follow.
- Conduct time & process studies to identify inefficiencies and work towards reducing them.
- Support issue resolution including root cause investigation & corrective action tracking.
- Ensure processes provide a high level of safety and ergonomic compliance.
- Support training and coaching of process technicians and associates.
- Support production team in optimizing labor utilization, reducing wastes, and reducing scrap
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, robotics or equivalent.
- 5+ yrs experience in design, development, and production of electromechanical, robotics or other control systems
- Experience with programming PLCs or substitute controls software like Labview
- Experience with machine design or contracting with designers to design, prototype & productionize machine parts.
- Experience with one or more of CAD tools (such as CATIA, NX, Solid woks, AutoCAD etc.)
- Experience with DFMEA, PFMEA, GD&T, DFM/DFA studies.
- Experience in project management preferred, but not required.
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred, but not required.
- Experience in automotive industry preferred, but not required.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (214) 529-8055 or email us at email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)