Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
The Sr. Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and leadership support to Software & Technology leadership and their teams. This person will be the “go-to” person for calendar management, organizing team-building and social events, arranging travel, submitting expenses, setting up internal and external meetings, and other administrative duties. This person will be part of the Software Admin team and work as a team on ad-hoc projects, events, and maintaining of current programs. The Sr. Administrative Assistant will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, exercise mature and professional judgment, ability to operate at a senior level with confidentiality and discretion, have experience working with senior management and have outstanding time management skills. This position may require work outside of normal business hours. Responsibilities
- Leading a high volume and complex calendar for VP, Senior Director and the leadership team
- Travel arrangements both domestic and international
- Expenses – enter and own all expense reporting using internal system
- Support NDA executions
- Event and leadership meeting content and coordination - help plan/execute on offsite events, leadership retreats, team building events, all hands, impromptu working session
- Organize and prepare agendas and materials, including coordination with leadership team
- Organizes and maintains file systems, correspondence, contacts, email distros, and other records
- Handles internal/external correspondence.
- Assisting with onboarding for new employees (scheduling introductions, week 1 agenda, supplies, IT equipment, badge)
- Support leaders with managing headcount reports by working closely with TA and Finance team.
- Lead ad-hoc projects to support the team’s needs
- Maintains strict level of complete confidentiality with a high volume of confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of experience in an administrative role preferably in the tech industry and supporting senior leaders in a fast paced environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite and related apps, plus an ability to become familiar with Company and/or task specific programs and software
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities;
- Highly organized and able to prioritize under pressure;
- Positive attitude and strong business acumen;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and anticipate last minute changes
- Team player
- Ability to familiarize yourself with content, people and processes, for quick recall and recommendations
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for Irvine Based Applicants: $40.85 to $47.10 per hour (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.