Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
As a Vehicle Operations Specialist "VOS", you will be a key contributor to the success of our Delivery & Field Operations organization. Are you looking for a job with some flexibility? Are you detail orientated, keep things clean, love to organize, love working in a values-based culture that encourages diversity? We are looking for diverse backgrounds such as experience in retail, warehousing, and service industries.The VOS works in coordination with several cross-functional teams to facilitate vehicle logistics activities, manage documentation, and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. We’re looking for someone who loves operational excellence, continuous improvement, teamwork, and has the desire to grow.
This role is a gateway to operations because you like to make things easier and faster for others. It's an exciting career as all companies need an expert in operations management where people solve problems collaboratively, are curious in nature, and love to make sense of things. Responsibilities
- Receive, inspect and process incoming inventory, including completing paperwork
- Ensure quality standards through washing vehicles, detailing, and correction activities
- Maintain the delivery readiness of vehicles
- Conduct quality control process for delivery ready vehicles and manage the communication of defects to service department
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining secure key management for vehicle inventory
- Maintain inventory lot and ensure that there are safe and usable drive lanes in the lot at all times.
- Shuttling vehicles to/from secondary locations including customer and fleet vehicles
- Maintain adequate inventory of essential supplies
- Prepare, inspect, and stage customer trade ins for remarketing to be transported to the auction via carrier
- Conduct various weekly, monthly, quarterly audit process
- Work cross-functionally with proper communication and collaboratively with other teams onsite and remote
- Participates in workshops that improve quality and efficiencywith guidance from leads/managers.
- Proficiency with computers and software including Microsoft Office, and internal business platforms
- Complete additional work and tasks as requested by the leadership team
- 1+ years' of experience with operations, logistics, or lot management; previous EV or detailing experience valued
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support customers on nights, weekends and/or holidays
- Working knowledge with computers and software including Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to effectively navigate internal business platforms
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state/province of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle (or state that you are commuting daily to/from)
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years; No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years; No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License within a 3-5 year period. Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state/province
- Adaptable to a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks based on level of importance and urgency
- Ability to work autonomously and consistently with limited direction
- Willingness to work in various working conditions including being in an active service center or unpredictable weather conditions
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting up to 2 or more hours at a time, standing for up to 8 or more hours a day, walking, bending, kneeling, laying, twisting, carrying, reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs).
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Strong understanding of written and spoken English
- Ability to see, read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions or schematics
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.