Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
As a Software Engineer, Salesforce Developer, you will be responsible for development of solutions on the Salesforce platform with a declarative first approach. Responsibilities
Develop and implement new Salesforce functionality and business processes as necessary including (but not limited to): Apex, test class and Lightning Web Component (LWC) development, Workflow, Process Builder, Flow, assignment rules, approval processes, fields, page layouts, record types, dynamic layouts, apps, actions, custom settings and mobile administration
- All aspects of user and license management including new user setup/deactivation, roles, profiles, permissions, permission sets, public groups, Organization Wide Defaults (OWD), sharing rules
- Proactive system maintenance including Security Reviews, Release Updates, Health Check, and Optimizer and Sandbox environment management
- Working with integrated applications including Amazon Connect, Workforce Management tools, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Social Media and survey tools
- Create, document and execute user acceptance test plans. Document bugs and assist in their resolution. Write training documentation and perform end user training
- Define reporting requirements and build Dashboards and Reports
- Validate data and assist with data migration.
- Develops positive relationships with both the business and other functions involved in upstream and downstream technical processes.
- Possess a detailed level of knowledge of Salesforce Sales and Service Cloud functionality and integrations to external systems.
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business, Manufacturing, Engineering or a related subject required.
- At least 3 years of Salesforce experience and at least 2 as a Salesforce Developer in an environment that includes
- Direct to customer channels, Ecommerce channels, and international channels
- Experience with complex Salesforce Sales, Service Cloud, Field Service Lightning implementations
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Amazon Connect a plus
- Proficient in project management for smaller projects
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with Agile development methodology and tools
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: [$135,000.00 - $150,000.00] (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law). Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.