Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
Leads all material handling activities to provide production support at the shift and warehousing/plant level. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Material Handling onsite in Normal, IL. This will be for off shift. Responsibilities
- Ensures that department Group Leaders (supervision) are maintaining: (Safety documentation, Ergonomics, Suggestions, Complaints, Training, Attendance, Overtime, and Vacation).
- Performs and teaches all processes in the assigned Material Handling Group.
- Communicates between shifts and departments to implement best practices, resolve problems, and sustain consistent performance to objectives.
- Evaluates shift quality and performance levels and ensures the shift meets continuous improvement requirements.
- Evaluates bottlenecks in upstream processes and collaborates process improvement.
- Evaluates and develops countermeasures for downstream delivery issues.
- Supports and participates in pilot product programs or model change and model mix activities.
- Ensures adherence to local, state, and federal laws and corporate goals, objectives, and policies.
- Implements and monitors the metrics for the Group.
- Teaches, plans, and implements the RMS Quality Network with emphasis on the five core principles.
- Coordinates operational changes with the Material Handling organization.
- Follows the standardized work process.
- Maintains housekeeping standards and applies 5S as prescribed in RMS
- Utilizes appropriate inventory controls and follows up on assignments.
- Ensures proper use and care of equipment.
- Responsible for implementing cross functional and job rotation training where applicable.
- Mentoring plant Material Handling Group Leaders, other as directed short term assignments.
- Visit customer locations & plants during major milestone events to support the teams when required.
- Manage all direct reports, develop job duties for all direct reports, monitor and feedback all direct reports on a quarterly basis
- Availability to work 3rd shift.
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” Software such as SAP Preferred.
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Strong leadership skills, experience managing multiple teams preferred.
- Ability to set tasks and responsibilities
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
- College degree preferred
- 3 years previous supervisory experience highly preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.