Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
The NPI Material Planning Manager is responsible to ensure ‘on-time’ delivery of launch/trial parts from Rivian suppliers, to include daily monitoring of shipping performance as well as delivery verification in support of our pre series production development builds. In this role within NPI, you will issue demand forecasts for pre series production materials and shall provide clear status as to the availability of material, you’ll manage the change communication to the supply chain for material demand resolving planning challenges and supply chain constraints. Development builds are the foundation for Rivian’s programs, and you shall work cross functionally to ensure their success. You will strive to become an expert in the supply chain for your given commodities and provide planning solutions which set Rivian programs up for success. The opening is located in Plymouth, Michigan and reports directly to the Manager of NPI Material Planning. Responsibilities
- From Engineering release, you will manage the demand communication to the supply chain, and you will lead the coordination of part delivery to meet the MRD (Material Requirement Date)
- You will be proficient in MRP systems and be able to effectively communicate parts demand to our supply chain
- You will liaise with suppliers on overall part development plan and expedite inventory as required to support launch activity
- Implement appropriate countermeasures to resolve part shortages or delays in supplier timing
- Report shortages that have impact on build schedule to department, program and senior management, escalating as necessary
- Provide input, support and mitigation plans for material shortages to prevent disruption to the project schedule
- Provide cross functional teams overview of parts supply concerns for your given supply base (May include Program, Procurement, Logistics, Material Handling, Engineering, Quality Control and Manufacturing)
- Manage additional inventory requests to ensure timely delivery of parts based on the required timing
- Facilitate the allocation of inventory based on build or project priority
- Agree and manage rate and flow supply where necessary
- Reconcile receiving discrepancy notices provided by Production Control with suppliers
- Initiate cycle count request to Production Control team when inventory issues are identified
- Develop and utilizes Standardized Work (SOS) for managing supplier shipments, including but not
limited to delay, loading trucks, shortages, damage, discrepancies, packing & labeling
- Need to be able to translate issues into KPI measurement and business intelligence
- Bachelor’s in supply chain, engineering, business, or related field or equivalent experience required
- Master’s degree Preferred
- 3+ Years automotive planning experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of material control, inventory control and related logistics activity is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, analytical skills and the ability to multi-task and make sound decision in a fast pace, stressful environment required
- Working knowledge in SAP preferred and strong Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs knowledge
- Proactive problem solving-skills, as well as strong project management, teamwork, leadership, initiative, and oral/written communication and presentation skills are required
- Be able to manage multiple trial projects simultaneously
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude
- Flexibility to think strategically and act tactically
- Ability to develop and interpret business intelligence/data to drive execution and decision-making
- Ability to gain trust and communicate constructively with suppliers and stakeholders across the organization to resolve issues
- In-depth understanding of automotive supply chain, automotive production experience preferred
- You have a collaborative method of working and capability in a range of communication styles
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.