About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.General Role Overview
At the heart of Fisker’s visionary product lies a state-of-the-art powertrain, and you can play a central role in its delivery. The Senior Vice President, Powertrain
will build and lead the organization that will develop our next-generation powertrain systems, covering high-voltage battery, power electronics, drive units, and vehicle control systems, including thermal and HVAC subsystems.
The role will be based at our Powertrain Excellence Center in La Palma, California – close to our company headquarters in Manhattan Beach, California, and ideally situated in the technology-hub of Southern California.
As you would expect of automotive startups on the leading edge of electrification, successful candidates bring world-class technical capabilities along with an entrepreneurial mindset. They also demonstrate creativity, resourcefulness, flexibility, and a natural willingness to actively contribute to our One Team culture and to the company’s continued growth.
The Senior Vice President, Powertrain
reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). As a senior engineering leader, you will be responsible for efficiently managing your departments resources, supporting complex engineering activities for multiple vehicle programs, within the usual constraints - milestones, budgets, staffing, functional targets, quality, service, and manufacturing strategies. In summary, you’ll leverage the elements of your already strong foundation to lead the successful development and integration of automotive battery packs from early stage to serial production.Duties And Responsibilities
Your strategic responsibility is to ensure that Fisker deploys world-class powertrain systems to our full range of products. All the necessary sub-components of this task fall within your remit to oversee, including the development of the physical facilities required by powertrain development, the definition of the team structure and recruitment, the management of human and physical resources, and the technical leadership required to innovate and deploy Fisker powertrain technology. Specific tasks would therefore include:
- Define and maintain an organizational structure for powertrain development that fulfils the strategic purpose for your team.
- Ensure that the hiring process delivers consistent team growth aligned with the organizational plan, respecting budget planning and project timing.
- Develop department budget and resource plans supporting company and program goals.
- Ensure the specification and procurement of the powertrain development and testing infrastructure on the La Palma, California site.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of a Powertrain Technology Roadmap, capturing a vision for innovation that will guide the strategy of Fisker to ensure the technical pre-eminence of our future products.
- Establish the processes required for efficient and effective engineering research, development, launch support and product lifecycle management for all Fisker powertrain product lines.
- Provide technical leadership across all component areas to inspire and facilitate excellence in innovation, performance, and delivery.
- Develop an innovation culture via technology evaluation, supplier partnerships, patent protections, trade secret documentation and appropriate relationships with academic and research institutions.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and in-house requirements for Fisker powertrain systems across global markets.
- Provide engineering oversight of product launch and lifecycle engineering.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Competencies
- Master of Science or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related engineering discipline. A Bachelor of Science in a similar curriculum with substantial experience may also be considered.
- 8+ years of demonstrable experience within automotive suppliers or OEMs, with a significant experience of electric vehicle powertrain development.
- 6+ years of management experience, including diverse teams, suppliers, engineering service providers, and test facilities.
- Vehicle OEM or Tier 1 launch experience.
- Multiple demonstrated achievements overcoming time, budget, organizational constraints.
- Significant industry contacts and a track record of successful interactions and project completion.
- Expert knowledge of EV powertrain systems, vehicle systems integration and trends in EV powertrain technology
- Working knowledge of ISO-26262 Functional Safety.
- Understanding of Power Electronics (Inverter, DC-DC Converters, Onboard Charger).
- Experience in control algorithms and knowledge of software development processes.
- Familiarity with Software and Controls FMEA, and software safety standards.
- Broad familiarity with regulatory requirements, such as EPA, CARB, FMVSS, ECE, GBT, etc.
- Active contributing membership in relevant Industry or Professional Society is appreciated.
- Able to motivate and effectively lead both direct and indirect staff towards a common goal.
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to inspire consensus and move the program forward.
- Strong technical, oral, and written communication skills.
Expected Salary Range
- Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally, as required.
$244,470.00 to $416,300.00 per year.Additional Compensation
Salary is one part of total compensation which includes bonuses, equity awards as applicable, and benefits. An employee is eligible to participate in Fisker’s equity program, subject to the rules governing such programs.Benefits
Fisker provides comprehensive medical, prescription, dental, vision, and disability insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Fisker covers most of the premiums for employees.
The salary offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors including market location, job-related knowledge, education/training, certifications, key skills, experience, internal peer equity as well as business considerations. Fisker reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position within the salary range listed, taking into account the wide variety of factors listed above.EEOC Statement
Fisker Group Inc. (“Fisker”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Fisker is governed by merit, qualifications, and professional competence. Fisker does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, national origin/ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity / expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information, pregnancy or related conditions, or any other basis protected by law.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.