Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
The Lead, Lease Administrator role will serve an integral function within the Facilities Real Department and perform the necessary duties which will involve working with various business partners including but not limited to Accounting, Accounts Payable, Legal, Construction and Operations, and Legal for requirements normally associated with a Commercial real estate portfolio both domestic and international. Job responsibilities for the Lead, Lease Administrator include but are not limited to: lease review and abstracting, validating rental obligations and payment processing, lease expense audits,
tracking lease renewal options and all critical dates, confirming lease responsibility for repairs and maintenance, tracking and processing tenant allowance receivables, lease warranty tracking, information management, reporting, and document storage. Responsibilities
- Manage Rivian’s global real estate lease portfolio of owned properties.
- Responsible for abstracting lease agreements including updating and maintaining all lease information and data, including critical dates, options, rights, clauses, payables, maintenance and repair obligations, notification obligations, restoration obligations, etc.
- Review and process payments of all lease-related expenses and revise and dispute as necessary.
- Manage timely TI allowance billings and collections.
- Audit leases and expense reconciliations.
- Validate landlord lease repair and maintain obligations and compliance.
- Keep necessary business partners informed on matters which may require their action or input.
- Coordinate with all facilities stakeholders throughout the property due diligence process.
- Secure and track insurance certificate compliance.
- Initiate new vendor set-up, COIs, contact information, legal notices, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years of Commercial Lease Administration experience is preferred with a preference for international experience as well
- Ability to work closely with legal, finance, accounting, and all branches of facilities to establish a best-in-class Lease Admin platform internally.
- Extremely detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to prioritize critical matters.
- Ability to easily adapt to changes and work in a fast-paced work environment,
- Expert in all categories listed above in responsibilities.
- Needs to be able to build systems and processes that today may not be in place and get stakeholders to work together in a manner that will be in the best interest of Rivian long-term.
- Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or other presentation software, as well as Lease Administration/database software.
Salary range for Irvine, CA based applicants: $135,000-155,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.