Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment, and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, and innovate are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
At Canoo we always strive to build the best-in-class vehicles for our customers. We do this by delivering the right parts, right quantity, at the right time and right quality to our assembly consumption points, utilizing various lean material flow techniques. As the SCM Operations Manager for Canoo OKC Supply Chain Management Material Operations Team, the team member’s responsibilities will be to drive the activities needed to receive, store and supply the material needed for production in timely manner, assure inventory accuracy in support of lean manufacturing principles, uninterrupted production, and audit compliance. The role requires broad understanding of material flow and supply chain concepts, ERP systems, and lead a team of Group Leaders and material handling associates and work cross-functionally with multiple departments such as IT, SCM Planning & Production Control, Pre-Series, Material Planning, Inventory Control, Quality, Finance, Manufacturing, Facilities, and 4PL/3PL logistics providers - to solve challenging problems and system limitations impacting productivity. SCM Material Operations is a critical function in support of Canoo’s manufacturing growth, and a strong candidate is desired to drive with discipline and rigor the material handling operations to assure material availability to support daily volume scheduled with safety and efficiency.
The candidate will be responsible for Canoo OKC Material Handling and Material Management Operations. The candidate will manage a team Group Leaders responsible for supporting warehouse & Factory Operations. Responsibilities include oversight of a comprehensive material flow all the way from the receiving dock to the point of use, close follow up to the KPI’s that will ensure a lean and robust operation, support the implementation of continuous improvement ideas for the BIW, Paint, & General Assembly factories. This role interfaces significantly with all other OKC plant departments in support of a smooth operational flow and accurate inventory. The position requires a strong leadership, analytical skill set, as well as a data-driven and logical approach for improvements actions.
- Ensure material integrity among all the internal flow, from the receiving dock until the point of use and all the intermediate points such as warehouses, material supermarkets, staging, sequencing/kitting cells, etc.
- Identify inventory discrepancies due to improper material handling management, research root causes and lead efforts to implement demonstrated permanent corrective actions (i.e., no repeat variances)
- Coordinate and manage Group Leaders and JIT center daily activities in order achieve a lean and safe operation.
- Provide evidence of cycle program compliance for safety audits, continuous improvement implementations, KPI’s tracking, risk assessments and people recognition.
- Develop a credible and approachable Material Handling team, counted on to have data and process driven answers for all root causes & corrective actions.
- Drive continuous and simplistic process and system improvements for robust material flow, minimal shortages and accuracy in operational systems
- Work with Production Control, Material Planning, Logistics, Production, and Quality to drive lean material flow in the plant/factory, JIT Center, sub-contractors and in-transit material.
- Collaborate with Finance to execute self-assessment tests and support audit requirements to demonstrate inventory/material control and achieve SOX compliance
- Drive gaps to closure and demonstrate sustainability
- Provide requested evidence and support audit requirements
- Interface with Planning, Purchasing and New Parts Introduction teams for robust part changes and disposition of excess/obsolete material
- Share concerns and support Security investigations and actions for part theft or missing parts.
- Control and confirm inventory adjustments, appropriate transactions, back up for corrections, and execute business applications (system access) protocol in order to avoid downtimes.
- Develop intuitive analysis tools and KPI’s for confirmation and reporting of potential shortages and assure inventory control
- Assist in creating Work Instructions/User Manual on material transactions and movements, training and evaluating departmental personnel.
- Conduct/lead business process analysis to understand the material operations organization and translate those needs into clear specifications. Engage logistics business process /IT to help convert needs into technology requirements.
- Work towards automating processes and flow for productivity, efficiency and accuracy
- Work with Logistics Engineering team to Forecast facility, storage, staffing and/or material handling equipment needs to improve cost, utilization, service, and efficiencies
- Facilitate LEAN methodology and recommend solutions to specific business case issues. Understand and apply essential LEAN elements like line balancing, variance reduction, error/mistake proofing, waste elimination, JIS, JIT, Minomi, Jidoka, etc.
- Work in conjunction with Production planning, JIT Center Warehouse Operations, Factory Material operations team to Implement material 6-alarm systems from supplier to line side presentation to ensure no material disruption at lineside.
- Lead all LEAN efforts in an organized manner with steering team deployment and roadmap/critical path development
- Understand factory flow, material banks, min/max strategies & requirements and ensure strict adherence to processes, standards & Methods.
- Work in conjunction with Logistics Engineering to Develop and implement project activities plans and timelines, coordinate subcontractors, facility management and field service personnel, and resolve problems in area of logistics to ensure meeting of contractual commitments, with planned automation in delivery vehicles, storage (ASRS), Dock automation, Warehouse automation, Aids/assists in kit & sequence cells, material handling equipment, AGC/AGVs etc.
- Assist with developing and rolling out growth strategies and projects
- B.S. in Engineering, supply chain management, business or related discipline. Advance degree in relevant field may be considered in lieu of experience requirements.
- 7+ years related experience in manufacturing, production control, material management, materials planning or inventory management, production planning
- 5+ years of related automotive industry experience and LEAN manufacturing
- 2+ years leadership experience
- 2+ years project management experience, including leading cross-functional groups
- High level of analytical ability in solving complex problems.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others. Able to get buy-in on complex projects.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time with ability to meet project timelines.
- Significant familiarity with Sequencing/kitting, and related software applications
- Project skills; including analytics, implementation strategies, metric measurement and continuous monitoring expectations and deliverables.
- Analytical capabilities, including data analysis to optimize material flows, storage locations, inventory levels and safety analysis, advanced MS Excel skills, PowerPoint and other relevant software/data knowledge
- Experience with standard ERP and inventory systems is a plus
- Highly detail and service oriented, strong process-driven nature strongly desired
- Strong interpersonal, team, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written, verbal communication / interpersonal skills and presentation skills. Ability to articulate findings, concepts, and ideas in a concise manner.
- Self-starter, Ability to work independently
- Required travel – Up to 25%
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (214) 529-8055 or email us at email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)