Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment, and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, and innovate are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
The Lead Network Engineer will be responsible for providing IT services to our manufacturing plant and engineering teams. Aligning closely with our Texas, Oklahoma, and California teams, this position will manage the day-to-day operations of our facilities.
- Work with the IT team to develop best practice procedures.
- Ensure system uptime and maintenance schedules are followed.
- Oversee network operations and application management.
- Maintain customer relationships and improve response and delivery times.
- Updating service methods to improve overall efficiency.
- Develop IT management procedures and processes that will suit the needs of the facilities now and in the future.
- Build an IT team to support all facilities.
- Check and maintain the proper function of on-site IT systems and equipment such as Wi-Fi, printers, teleconferencing tools, and other company-owned assets.
- Maintain day-to-day operations of facilities including managing maintenance issues, tracking fixed assets, and coordinating fixes for major and emergency repair.
- Ensure proper operation of physical access control of the workplace and manage relationships with access and security control system vendors or a team of security professionals.
- Assist in commissioning new spaces (facilities, labs, offices, etc.).
- Ability to work independently and drive solutions to completion.
- Working knowledge of Jira.
- Previous manufacturing or engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a technology environment
- 7+ years of supervisory experience.
- Strong people and team management skills.
- Experience working with and managing remote teams.
- Ability to communicate with and present to the executive team.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or relevant experience, that emphasizes Business, IT or Computer Science.
- Tanium or ServiceNow experience.
- Experience in the automotive industry.
- Travel up to 30% may be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, employees may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time, occasionally bending or stooping, lifting up to 10 pounds, and prolonged periods of computer use
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- A casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (310) 702-7907 or email us at email@example.com