Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment, and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, and innovate are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
The Business Process and Data Engineer is a key function within the Supply Chain & Management Organization at Canoo. Responsibilities will include data entry, data gathering, organizing, and analyzing data from various Canoo internal & external Systems to tell impactful stories, find areas of opportunity, supporting business decisions, creating tables /charts/Graphs that help in decision making/intelligence. In addition to being a subject matter expert on these various datasets, this role will be responsible for performing and presenting various ad-hoc analyses including cost studies, location and optimization analyses and root cause analyses.
The ideal candidate can understand and communicate complex issues and ideas to a variety of audiences, manage competing priorities through effective communication and documentation, and work effectively with cross-functional team members. We are looking for an organized self-starter with an analytical mind and experience with various analytical tools.
Responsibilities (The 80's of the position)
- Analyze complex business problems using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers for various supply chain operations.
- Interpret business requirements and perform analysis to support strategic and tactical objectives
- Create ad-hoc reports for various stakeholders to support strategic and tactical initiatives in SCM environment
- Enter, Develop, manage, and maintain data, KPIs and processes for the logistics group ensuring reliability, integrity, and accuracy of data
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve data collection processes
- Identify and interpret trends and patterns in datasets to locate root-cause drivers
- Automate non-value-added tasks and data collection for dashboards in collaboration with IT
- Support Logistics Systems teammates testing implementations and enhancements
- Develop and enhance current SCM Cost Model Forecasting and Metrics
- Perform ad-hoc studies on various tactical and strategic initiatives, reporting out on recommendations and results
- Establish control processes and guidelines for data maintenance for Production, Pre-series and other products
- Facilitate and coordinate logistics data integrity concerns and provide a regular communication link back to stakeholders
- Support systems data entry and analysis including Oracle, Compass, dBeaver and Integration Point systems
- Partner with SCM planning, SCM operations, Purchasing, Engineering and IT to continuously improve data accuracy and maintain data integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels.
- Proactive self-starter with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills with high degree of expertise in MS office tools
- Analytical background preferred
- Relocation to Factory Production or Logistics Planning Center may be required
- 3-5 years’ experience in structuring, analyzing, and visualizing large data sets.
- Working or practical knowledge of manufacturing, supply chain and logistics is preferred
- Understands Operations planning, forecasting, inputs, and assumptions necessary to complete Supply chain analysis
- Practical experience leading/managing collaborative projects with extremely complex/technical detail subject matter
- Experience with Data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI) and data transformation tools (Alteryx, Knime) – Knowledge of SQL, R and/or Python is a plus
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and/or other project management and documentation tool
Travel Requirements: 35%
- While performing the duties of this job, employees may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time, occasionally bending or stooping, lifting up to 10 pounds, and prolonged periods of computer use.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (214) 529-8055 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)