Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment, and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, and innovate are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
As an Unarmed Security Guard, you will play a vital role in maintaining the safety and security of the premises you are assigned to. Your primary responsibility will be to protect the property, assets, and individuals within your jurisdiction. You will be expected to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, integrity, and vigilance in carrying out your duties. MUST BE WILLING TO WORK WEEKENDS.
- Maintain constant vigilance over the premises by monitoring surveillance systems, conducting regular patrols, and visually inspecting the area for any signs of suspicious activity or security breaches.
- Verify identification, issue visitor passes, and enforce security protocols to maintain a secure environment.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to any security incidents, emergencies, or alarms.
- Be approachable, professional, and ready to assist with inquiries or concerns, ensuring a positive and safe environment for all.
- Control access points, ensuring that only authorized individuals are allowed entry.
- Provide exceptional customer service to visitors, employees, and clients.
- Take necessary actions to de-escalate situations, provide assistance to individuals in need, and coordinate with emergency services when required.
- Maintain accurate and detailed incident reports, documenting any security breaches, accidents, or unusual occurrences during your shift.
- Participate in ongoing training programs to enhance your skills and knowledge in security procedures, emergency response protocols, and relevant legal regulations.
- Stay updated on industry best practices to ensure the highest level of performance.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong observational and surveillance skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and remain calm and composed in high-pressure situations.
- Integrity, honesty, and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Physical fitness and the ability to stand, walk, and patrol for extended periods.
- No felonies within the last 7 years.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in security, law enforcement, or a related field.
- Physical ability to patrol the premises on foot.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Basic knowledge of security procedures and emergency response protocols.
- First aid, CPR, and AED certification.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (214) 529-8055 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)