Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment, and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, and innovate are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
In the Jr. BIW (Body-in-White) Controls Engineer role you will be responsible for working the controls team (internal and external) within the Body-in-White (BIW) department of our organization. Your role will be critical in driving the automation and robotics strategies for BIW Production. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to study and develop the successful integration of robotics technology into the production systems.
Responsibilities (The 80's of the position)
- Follow a comprehensive roadmap for implementing controls and automation technologies within the BIW manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify automation opportunities and evaluate the feasibility and cost-effectiveness of proposed solutions.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure seamless integration with existing manufacturing processes and equipment
- Optimize the workflows to increase productivity, reduce cycle times, and enhance product quality while maintaining cost efficiency
- Ensure that all production systems meet the required controls quality standards and comply with safety regulations
- Adhere to safety standards and guidelines for the operation and maintenance of robotics equipment
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Production, Engineering, Quality, and Maintenance, to meet objectives and drive effective collaboration
- Prepare regular reports on process performance, improvements, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for management review.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in robotics, mechanical, manufacturing engineering, or a related field
- Entry level experience in the automotive or similar industry.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter mentality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word ,Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Willingness to travel as required up to 25% of the time
- 3+ years of experience in the automotive or similar industry
- 1+ years of experience directly dealing with BIW robotic processes and techniques.v
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (214) 529-8055 or email us at email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)