Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment, and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, and innovate are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
Responsible for Quality Assurance including Inspection, Control, Audit, Problem Solving and Quality engineering. Mentor and guide the organization in all aspects of the Production System philosophies, concepts, methods, operating practices, tools and deliverables.
Responsibilities (80s of the Position)
- Set detailed guidelines on what needs to be checked and what the quality standards are.
- Responsible to maintaining relationships with the Operations teams to ensure production quality.
- Inspect product materials and electrical systems for defects and durability
- Lead a build-in-station and problem-solving methodology.
- Lead teams to achieve quality targets for customers and business goals.
- Monitor the entire production cycle and perform regular tests to identify potential malfunctions as early as possible.
- Train others in all aspects of the quality system and application of procedures.
- Facilitate regular inspection meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to support action plans for improving build quality.
- Work with Supplier Quality Assurance function to reduce the effect of non-conforming supplier materials on production.
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Support effective problem-solving, suggestions, small-circle activities and kaizen.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department.
- Act as “boots-on-the-ground” quality representative.
- Provide technical expertise to the team.
- Provide guidance to Team Leads on departmental priorities and ensure progress vs. metrics.
- Develop and maintain positive team member relations centered on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork and harmony.
- Be proactive in predicting abnormalities and finding innovative solutions to correct.
- Work with internal teams to increase customer satisfaction by improving the quality of the products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Five years manufacturing experience
- Hands-on experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) and testing methodologies
- Familiarity with statistical analysis
- Great attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Automotive industry experience preferred, with parts production, quality or production control experience.
Must be willing to travel to various manufacturing locations until final facility is operational.
Physical Requirements for Physical Positions
While performing the duties of this job, employees may be required to lift up to 25 or more pounds, stand, sit, bend/stoop, or operate office equipment or machinery.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (214) 529-8055 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)