About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.General Role Overview
Under the direction of the Inventory Manager, the Sr. Planner, Demand Forecast will forecast, order and expedite parts and accessories from supplier/vendor in accordance with established supply rules. The planner uses various tracking reports and computer systems and algorithms to monitor supply, place orders, and ensure stock is available at the correct parts distribution center and service center. The position is also responsible for detecting supply problems, resolving backorder conditions, staying current with weekly/monthly work schedule, and maintaining the integrity of the parts database.
This position would be responsible for establishing and maintaining a regular excess and obsolescence (E&O) control program within the parts department. It would include developing plans to move current obsolescence, as well as plans to minimize future obsolescence. The position will plan and control all assigned PIO parts sourced from overseas and domestic suppliers, to meet OE port-installation plans, fill rate, and inventory (MOS) objectives. The position would be responsible for backing up the inventory planning and analysis.Nature of Work
Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop annual and long-term objectives and strategies of demand forecasting. Monitor demand and analyze sales and service repair data to anticipate future demand and logistical needs. Report demand forecast performance periodically and discuss improvement plans for supply chain progress and procedural efficiency.
- Perform maintenance to product line code files, key sales product code files and tables. Assign proper codes to each part number in relation to inventory and demand categories.
- Forecast and order parts in the correct quantities to meet established rules for inventory level and fill rate by using established tools and their judgment by analyzing demand data, parts order, new service center launches, new product launches, and current inventory levels.
- Forecast and order assigned accessories to ensure availability to support vehicle wholesale and PIO demand, within corporate fill rate and inventory (MOS) objectives. Coordinate weekly shipments of PIO accessories from PDC to VPC/Ports to maintain optimal port inventory levels, freight expense, and vehicle processing. Manage accessory lifecycle appropriately from initial launch to build out in order to support timely new accessory launch and to minimize obsolete inventory.
- Provide forecasts to suppliers in accordance with the agreements and contact with suppliers on a regular basis to review Fisker orders and forecasts and supplier performance.
- Prepare systems for demand forecasting, ordering, inventory management, pending PO management, lead time, safety stock, target fill rate, system connection with suppliers and service centers.
- Analyze each part for reorder selecting the appropriate order type: Sea, Air, VOR, and Transfer, to ensure each parts distribution center and service center have the correct inventory level, and backorders do not occur.
- Run and create various reports and spreadsheets using Fisker system queries, forecasting software, Microsoft software, etc., to aid in inventory and demand analysis.
- Review all assigned parts to meet objectives for fill rate and inventory levels. Maintain purchase order files to ensure accuracy and reconcile with suppliers on a regular basis.
- Monitor and expedite backorders continuously and communicate with suppliers on delivery in order to achieve the highest customer service and fill rate. Provide sales/service department with ETD of backorders. Evaluates deliveries, shipments and product levels to improve forecast procedures.
- Consistent evaluation for all necessary slow to fast/ fast to slow, upsizing and downsizing of the entire inventory.
- Track and manage the supply of parts for recall and customer service campaigns. Manage inventory balance and expedited order placement to minimize cost of premium freight.
- Maintain systems on Demand Solutions to ensure correct parameters are set. Investigate and solve system problems relating to Demand Solutions.
- Develop and review various excess and obsolescence reports using experience & judgment. Provide detail problem analysis of all items appearing on E & O reports based on the knowledge of parts demand.
- Oversee/develop action plans to minimize E & O. This would include: Identify and control all obsolescence costs due to supersessions, end of commercial life, expiration dates, and specific known E & O situations (Final Buys, etc.). Develop scrap action and consult with outside liquidators for potential liquidation.
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities, Competencies
- Professional-level knowledge and experience of principles and practices involved in automotive service parts demand forecasting methods, systems and ERP.
- An analytical mind with strong math skills to accurately track parts demand and create reports and devise ways to optimize inventory procedures with expert level database management capability.
- 10+ years of experience working in a fast-paced Automotive OEM environment with emphasis on Parts Inventory Management and Demand Forecasting.
- Supply chain management or logistics academic degree desirable. Experience as inventory control analyst, forecasting and ordering product for distribution.
Additional Requirements (if Any)
- Mastery of MS Excel and strong knowledge of Access, PowerPoint, Teams, Jira, Confluence, Power BI and SAP.
- Must have ability to handle confidential matters and information, strong business acumen.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel both domestically, as well as internationally, as required.
Expected Salary Range
- May perform other duties as assigned.
: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00Additional compensation
: Salary is one part of total compensation which includes bonuses, equity awards as applicable, and benefits. An employee is eligible to participate in Fisker’s equity program, subject to the rules governing such programs.Benefits:
Fisker provides comprehensive medical, prescription, dental, vision, and disability insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Fisker covers most of the premiums for employees.
The salary offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors including market location, job-related knowledge, education/training, certifications, key skills, experience, internal peer equity as well as business considerations. Fisker reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position within the salary range listed, taking into account the wide variety of factors listed above.
Fisker Group Inc. (“Fisker”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at Fisker is governed by merit, qualifications, and professional competence. Fisker does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, national origin/ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information, pregnancy or related conditions, or any other basis protected by law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department.