Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Sr. Sales Specialist, you are an integral member of the program that will establish and strengthen relationships with our fans, preorder holders, prospective customers, and owners. You will own the end-to-end customer relationship from captured lead through to ownership, ensuring all touchpoints throughout the customer lifecycle are highly personalized. You are a passionate advocate for our brand, able to engage in complex customer interactions while remaining hyper-focused on our company sales objectives. You’ll ensure that the right message gets to the right person via the right medium, every time, thereby driving growth, customer satisfaction, and brand loyalty.
- Focus on customer relationships and put them at the heart of the strategy with a long-term perspective.
- You are a product champion, educating our customers while building meaningful relationships along the way
- Initiate outbound calls to drive sales opportunities that have been identified within Salesforce or through other opportunity pipelines
- Oversee end-to-end customer communication, including Email, SMS, and Phone
- Ability to meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales quota
- Ability to qualify, progress, and close sales opportunities at a high conversion rate.
- Identify and navigate potential program risks by communicating transparently with customers, and collaborating cross-functionally with stakeholders, in order to maintain transparency, build trust and deliver desired results.
- Solve customer and business problems through creative problem-solving and solutioning.
- Stay up-to-date with email best practices and share knowledge with internal teams.
- 1-2 years of related professional experience.
- Experience within retail, luxury or hospitality strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Available to work weekends, evenings, nights, and holidays as needed.
- Thrive in ambiguity - can shift gears comfortably. Can decide and act without having the full picture
- High energy with the ability to juggle multiple priorities under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a current Driver's license and obtain a DMV Salesperson License.
- Available to travel for on-boarding, training and events.
- Proficient in English with a secondary language skill set being a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, CRM tools and retail business systems.
- Able to navigate complex customer conversations with ease
- Acts with urgency and champions excellence in all company objectives.
- Passionate about electric vehicles
Hourly Range for California Based Applicants: $29.80 - $33.65(actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.